is standard software standard? .
In Computerwoche I have an interesting article on the subject of standard software - custom software found: I bend the software or my company?
During my consultancy work I have not taken to the operation, which works on "Scheme F". Each has its own specific processes, which are adjusted to take account of location, people, equipment and material.
standard software so after years of adaptation to an individual product onwards, not, used components must be maintained.
In software development, it is easier to code for a particular solution as first to develop a standard model that must be expanded gradually. Standard solutions are always based on many customer needs to die in the maintenance operation Modifikationstod.
my opinion, an application-neutral, modular core with the custom component is added to the solution, which combines the advantages of both ways of thinking perfectly.
What are your experiences?
0 comments:
Post a Comment